Saturday, August 22, 2009

Review: Letters to a Secret Lover


Letters to a Secret Lover by Toni Blake
Most of the books I've reviewed on this blog have been 'A' or 'B' reads for me. Thing is, if I'm not enjoying a book I don't finish it. So you won't find many 'C' or 'D' reviews here, but you will find DNFs (Did Not Finish), which is the case with this book.
After an embarrassing photo of her getting dumped by her fiancee makes the rounds, Lindsey Brooks runs off to Montana to reconnect with her roots. She has the, in my opinion stupid, idea to buy her deceased aunt's canoe livery, which is currently owned by sexy, reclusive, Rob Colter.
I read about 100 pages before quitting, primarily because I found the hero and heroine unlikeable. Rob came across as a tactiturn ass and Lindsey as a shallow twit who is so impractical she wears high-heeled, pointy-toed boots on a hike!
My grade: DNF

No comments:

Post a Comment