Monday, May 11, 2009

Inaugural Post

Welcome to my blog!

Reading is my favorite pastime. There's nothing like a book to help me relax after work, and nothing like a romance novel to escape from kids and housework. I started reading romances as a teenager in the 1980s, and then got away from them in college when I read literature and read rarely for pleasure. I devoured romances when I picked them up again in the 1990s, discovering such great authors as Amanda Quick, Mary Balogh, Jayne Ann Krentz, Betina Krahn and Loretta Chase. I took another break when I had my babies and when I focused on reading for work. Now my kids are a bit older and I've returned to reading romances with a vengeance, discovering new authors and subgenres. I read at least one romance a week, and occasionally books from other genres. Check back here to read my thoughts and ratings on the books I'm reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment